Frank Stong touched many lives during the years he was a K.B.N. member, but his willingness to help with the K.B.N. and its programs was just an extension of the way he lived his life. If someone were to break down, or need a ride, Frank was there to give of himself. He shared freely his fishing and life experiences and knowledge, always offering to those willing to listen. Frank loved his family and friends, especially kids, keeping them in smiles with his jokes and little gifts he seemed to never be without. Ultimately, Frank Stong wanted nothing more in life than to help his family and friends succeed and be the best they could be. It is these personal attributes that made Frank Stong the perfect model for this award.
- To perpetuate the memory of Frank Stong and his achievements within our organization.
- To honor the memory of other friends and family lost in the past year.
- To provide financial assistance to students planning to attend a College, Community College, University, Vo-Tech, or Trade school located in the State of Kansas.
Award: This scholarship will be awarded annually when funds are available. The scholarship candidate(s) will be approved by the K.B.N. Board of Directors, after receiving a recommendation from a special committee of K.B.N. members nominated and approved by the K.B.N. Representatives.
- Scholarship award(s) will be $750.00 each.
- Scholarship certificate(s) will be presented to the recipient(s) at the Annual K.B.N. Awards Banquet.
- The funds will be placed in an expendable account with the K.B.N. Treasurer, with disbursement to the recipient after the K.B.N. Treasurer has been provided with proof of application, acceptance, and enrollment.
- K.B.N., at its sole discretion, reserves the right to amend the scholarship award each year.
Eligibility: The recipient(s) of this scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current K.B.N. Youth member; a current K.B.N. member; or a family member of a current adult K.B.N. member.
- These funds will be awarded without restriction to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability.
Application: Applications must be postmarked or e-mailed before November 12, 2019, and must include the following:
- A one page resume that provides: • Personal contact information; and a list of activities, accomplishments, honors, and any other information you feel may be pertinent.
- A written essay not to exceed 500 words titled, “Plans for the future and what I expect to be doing in 10 years.”
- Application and essay must be submitted to: • Mike Turner – KBN VP
3231 SE 101st St.
Topeka, KS 66409
Donations: If you would like to donate money to the Frank Stong Memorial Scholarship, please send it to:
Larry Brumley, K.B.N. Treasurer 3430 S.E. Buckeye St. Topeka, Kansas 66605-3075